Call for Proposals
How to Participate in this year's Integrate Art Festival: August 23-24, 2013
The Integrate Arts Festival (formerly called Off the Grid Art Crawl) will take place August 23rd & 24th, 2013 and will offer an opening reception, mass art crawl, indoor and outdoor performances, daytime arts activities, and will end with a final closing celebration. 2013 will mark the 7th Annual Integrate Arts Festival in Victoria, BC, and this is a fantastic way to connect, celebrate, and share the vibrant arts community that Victoria has to offer!
We are seeking artists of all levels and mediums to participate in this year's festival. Visual artists, performance artists, theatre performers, musicians, dancers, singers, graffiti artists, caricaturists, photographers, videographers… and anyone else with an exciting art idea is encouraged to apply!
Accepted artists will be volunteer - however we will work together to provide production support, securing venues, and assisting with city permits and other permissions. We are committed to providing a platform for artists, performers, curators, galleries, artist-run centres, and arts organizations to come together. The artist's work will be displayed in our continually growing and high-traffic event. The Integrate Arts Festival will be thoroughly marketed and promoted in a variety of ways leading up to the event.
Submission Deadline: all applications must be received by the Integrate Arts Festival committee no later than April 19, 2013
Announcement of acceptance will be on May 31st, 2013. Only chosen submissions will be notified.
If you have any questions prior to the application deadline, please contact the Integrate Art Society by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Name of group or individual:
2. Phone Number:
4.Union/Association Affiliation (if applicable)
5. In what area are you proposing to make a contribution? I.e. Visual arts/Music/dance/theatre/film/etc.
6. Who is your intended audience?
7. Describe why you are interested in being a part of the Integrate Arts Festival, and how your work will benefit the festival:
8. Describe the work you propose to showcase at the Integrate Art Festival.
Please include details on: materials, size, installation, preparation time, music requirements, technical requirements, whether or not you require a power source, etc.
9. Do you have a venue that you propose for your work/performance? If not, what are your venue requirements? If you do have a venue of your own, please keep in mind that the Festival takes place primarily in the downtown area.
Please include sample images of your work, as well as a description of the images that are included. Links to an artist's website are also accepted but please specify the specific content that is to be considered. If your work is yet to be created, please send an artist mock up of your intended project.
Your completed forms may be submitted by email to: email@example.com